Wendy’s announces over $185,000 in charitable donations
The Wendy’s Company announced today that it will make charitable donations to various organizations in the United States and Canada that align with Wendy’s main charitable support categories: Foster Adoption, Hunger, and Integrity. food, youth and families, and vibrant communities. These commitments are a continuation of Wendy’s community giving program which began in 2020.
“Our founder, Dave Thomas, believed that the impact we have on our communities is just as important as the food we serve,” says Liliana Esposito, Wendy’s Director of Corporate Affairs and Sustainability. “Guided by the values Dave has set for the brand, Wendy’s is committed to giving something back and is proud to continue its giving program and charitable contributions in 2022. Through this work, we have the opportunity to both to honor Dave’s legacy and to support organizations and causes that matter most to our employees.”
New charitable contributions for 2022 include:
- $125,000 sponsorship from the Thurgood Marshall College Fund as an extension of our partnership that began in 2019 to support social justice, youth and education in the Black community.
- $60,000 to various organizations across Wendy’s North American Restaurant footprint through its community giving program. Company employees could apply for financial support for a charity in the general range of $2,500 to $10,000. Ten organizations were selected to receive a grant:
- Ashville Pantry – Ashville, OH
- Camp Sunshine – Decatur, Georgia
- Casa Valentina – Miami, Florida
- Caterina’s Club – Anaheim, California
- Common Grounds Free Store – Delaware, OH
- Crisis Text Line – Nationwide
- Home Source – Thornton, CO
- Heartache2Hope – Ontario, Canada
- Mississippi Families for Kids – Jackson, MS
- Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency – Traverse City, MI
Since 2020, Wendy’s has supported more than 60 unique organizations with nearly $250,000 in donations to local communities across our global footprint through the Community Giving Program.
As previously announced, Wendy’s is also beginning its multi-year support of the Mid-Ohio Food Collective (MOFC) this year for its rooted in you campaign to reinvent the end of hunger. Wendy’s has pledged to donate $100,000 over four years to MOFC, which serves 20 counties in Ohio and is one of the largest food banks in the United States.
The news and information presented in this press release have not been corroborated by RSQFood News Media or Journalistic, Inc.